For the Butternut Squash Tots
- 1 2.25 oz bag of Sonoma Creamery Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- 3 cups of butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ c flour
- ½ c grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
For the Garlic Aioli
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 c avocado oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs garlic paste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a food processor, add Sonoma Creamery Parmesan Crisps and ½ tsp of freshly cracked black pepper, and pulse until they become the consistency of breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Add cubed butternut squash to a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until fork tender.
- Using a food processor, pulse the roasted butternut squash along with ¼ c flour, ½ c grated parmesan cheese, ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp dried sage, and 1 tsp salt until combined.
- Add ¾ cup of the Parmesan Cheese Crisp "breadcrumbs" and pulse again to combine.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
- Form the tots with your hands and roll in the leftover Parmesan Cheese Crisp "breadcrumbs." Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes.
- Grab a medium-sized bowl and mix together 3 egg yolks, 4 tsp lemon juice, and 1 tsp Dijon mustard. While you whisk, slowly stream in 2/3 c avocado oil until it is fully emulsified. Add 1 tbs of garlic paste and mix again.
To serve, pile tots on a plate. Option to top with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve the garlic aioli on the side and pair with a California chardonnay. Enjoy!